MIND BLOWING 

I have chosen multiple articles to continue speaking about the issue of marital rape. These four articles speak upon the issues of cultural products. In other words, things that have to do with movies, TV shoes, social media etc. One of the articles that I selected has a video of an Indian guy doing a poem; what caught my attention was when the guy mentioned if marital rape isn’t an actual thing and being a housewife is a job, then isn’t this harassment at a workplace? This is clearly a mind blow, who have though of marital rape this way? I haven’t! The poet brings up a good point with this and you guys can realize that if you would be opened minded about it. Another article that I would like to speak upon is a YouTube video that took place in Nigeria. In this video there is a host interviewing random people about the issue of marital rape. The responses that I listened to had me very surprised. When I first started this research I personally believed that most people would be against marital rape. In this video I would say more than half the people would say that marital rape doesn’t exist. Some of those people would say that a wife has to be submissive to the husband, and that pleasure must be meet. What I noticed is that most of the people going against marital rape were people that were told in their childhood that its the process of life while being married, or others would refer back to verses in the Holy Bible.


What I noticed from the articles and videos that I have selected none of them have a representation of a first person. I feel as though from a sociological perspective they would have added those who were in situations. Why? Because it makes testimonies stronger; someone that went through a situation would have a lot more to speak upon. For those speaking upon others may miss interpret what really occurred, that’s why it’s important to have first person point of views in these type of articles.




Comments

Popular Posts