Marital rape has to come to an end!!!

A hidden issue that occurs on a daily basis is marital rape. Stuff like this really bothers me a lot, why? Because women have the right of saying no or stop. It also causes mental and physical damage that can last for a life time. Selfish husbands don’t realize the impacts they occur to their wife (metal and physical abuse). Most of the time what leads to marital rape has to do with alcohol, pleasure, or emotions. The idea that a man can't rape his wife is just shows how much women’s rights are respected. What I want my audience to know is that most men that rape their wife are only looking to have power over them, or they see it as an opportunity as a stress reliever. It’s alright to come out and call it what it is, but its not alright to let it just happen, and not say anything about it; help will be provided. It’s also not alright to allow for others to say you were provoking your husband so that’s why it occurred.

I read multiple articles that spoke about this issue, one of the article was against this issue and the other article was for it. For instance, in the first article that I read it’s called “If a husband drugs his wife for sex it’s not a crime in Ohio ... for now.” This article enlightened me on this topic, I learned multiple reason on why certain states haven’t passed this law. One reason is because it’s opportunity for closed divorces and open cases to have false claims, and there’s a high possibility that their wont be any evidence. What I liked that was said was when Johnson said. “It shouldn’t be on the books at all in Ohio. Spouses are not property.” Which I completely agree to, nobody should be viewed as an object; we must treat others as we would like to be treated. Another reason on why this law haven’t passed is because jails are over populated. When I read that it made me feel bad because it’s like they’re approving on marital rape and don’t care if it occurs or not.



The other article that I wanted to speak upon is called “Denying Your Husband Sex is Emotional Abuse.” I noticed that this article shows how a lot of men think. For instance, I found it to be bush league when it mentioned it would be a psychological abuse on the men if the women would neglect sexual contact. Also it was mentioned, it’s already a pain being that we cannot marry more than one wife. The crazy thing about this is that a lot of men think this way, and its really heart breaking. I feel as thought if a sociological perspective would be added to these articles they would include women rights activist’s groups to show ways on how to improve a society.

References:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/husband-drugs-his-wife-for-sex-not-crime-ohio-for-now/6F9XIaQI48EjbPH8C3ZA1I/

http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/07/28/denying-your-husband-sex-is-emotional-abuse-a-look-at-marital-rape-globally/




Comments

Popular Posts