UNDERSTAND?

This week I observed multiple memes, videos, as well as articles provided by my peers. What I noticed with what my peers posted is that most the memes are not sending any type of positive motive in any sort of way. The messages being established portrays on the society that we live in today, which is sad. For instance, in the category of minorities, the poor, and the CJ system it shows how the parenting level between race differentiates; which can go from a white parent showing the basics of life to an African America having to prepare their child for the encounters they will have to go through just because of their skin color. I find this to be vey interesting because this is what the society as well as media have embedded in peoples heads, this issue can also go vise versa but society have accepted this is the route that we live in. Another example would be in the fatherless children category; I feel as though a string message is being portrayed that contributed to how society is today. For instances, going of the memes we clearly know fathers leaving their families is only getting worse but what caught my attention was, A broke father that spends time with his child is better than a rich one that only sends checks." Why did this simple quote catch my attention? It's because society fails to notice that little things matter, it doesn't matter if your parent catch buy you the latest gadget it should be based on time spent with the parent. But clearly our society prefers materials instead! Many people would interpret these memes completely different from how I did! But what I'm concerned about is that I hope that they grasp the proper message being put out to the audience, and not taken as a joke because these are serious social issues that we face everyday.




Comments

Popular Posts